Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons cane sugar (plus 1 Tablespoon to sprinkle on top)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 4 Tablespoons agave
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
For Lemon Glaze (optional):
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and cane sugar.
- Cut in butter until the butter is in tiny clumps, evenly distributed in the dough.
- Add agave, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and almond milk. Mix ingredients; If the dough is too dry, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough is stiff. You don’t want the dough to be liquidy. Fold in blueberries
- Add dough to floured surface and use hands to form into a disc. Divide into 8 even slices. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cane sugar on top of scones.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding the glaze.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together until mixture turns into a thick glaze. Drizzle over the top of the scones and let cool.